Short summary: The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that the company vehicles, trucks, trailers and forklifts are maintained in good working order.
1. To ensure that the company vehicles, trucks, trailers and forklifts are maintained in good working order:
• All vehicles must be maintained according schedule, company policy and original vehicle supplier schedules
• Job card system must be continuously maintained with daily updates on system
• This position will be responsible for all general vehicle maintenance which can also include basic body repairs, basic auto electrical repairs, tyre maintenance, air brake systems, etc.
• All auxiliary equipment on vehicles which will include; oil pipes, pumps and electrical systems must be kept in a good condition in conjunction with the Dispatch and Maintenance managers
2. Inspection of company trucks, vehicles and forklifts in the most efficient way:
• Weekly and monthly inspections must be done thoroughly and on time
• Create job card from inspections and schedule accordingly
• Ensure drivers complete their inspections per schedule
• Continuous communication with vehicle drivers to ensure all problem areas are identified and planned for upfront and on time
3. Maintain the company preventative maintenance schedule:
• Maintenance schedule must be maintained and updated at all times in conjunction with dispatch manager
• Orders and spare parts must be managed well in conjunction with dispatch manager and other service providers
• Arrange for of site repairs and services in conjunction with Dispatch Manager
• All vehicle maintenance scheduling communicated effectively to departments to ensure maximum efficient service delivery
4. Prepare vehicles for Statutory requirements:
• Road worthy
• Forklift load testing and inspections. This will include the on-site Tele handler
5. Development and training to Artisan Assistants and General Assistants:
• Regular training must be given to Artisan Assistant and General Assistant.
• Workshop time keeping must be measured and manage to be cost effective.
• The workshop must always be very clean and well organized.
6. To supervise, motivate and time-manage of the team reporting to him:
• constant supervision of the team that reports to him
7. This position will be required to work standby duties:
• Call outs
• In conjunction with Dispatch Manager arrange for repairs on trucks with breakdowns on route
• As trucks are mostly available on-site over weekends and after hours, flexi time is required, on discretion of the Dispatch Manager, due to the fact that our trucks are mostly available on-site over weekend and after hours
8. Actively promote safe working practices according to health and safety regulations.
Key Competencies: Education and skills:
1. Qualified with applicable Trade Certificate. (Diesel Mechanic).
2. Valid code 14 drivers license.
1. A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
2. Must have experience on trucks and trailers.
3. Experience in auto electrical work will be an advantage.
4. Body repairs and spray-paint will be an advantage.
5. Experience on Freightliner and Scania trucks will be an advantage.
6. Knowledge of Food Safety and Safety procedures will be to the applicant’s advantage
7. Must be prepared to work overtime and standby.
1. Initiative and drive
2. Ability to progress in multi-skilled environment
3. Ability to train, lead and motivate a team
4. Personal and professional integrity
5. Thrive under pressure
6. Sound organizational skills
7. Proficiency in English and Afrikaans required
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver by no later than 14 December 2018.