Southern Oil Pty Ltd, an established company and market leader in the manufacturing of Canola oil and related products in the retail, food services and bulk sectors, have the following exciting career opportunity in Swellendam
The main responsibility of this position is the maintenance and the preventative maintenance of equipment, machinery and facilities of the plant. This person will be responsible for his team and its activities and will need to ensure all work complies to Industry standards.
- Being the team leader of certain projects in order to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity by performing and maintaining high quality workmanship
- Ensure all machines and equipment on site is safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose
- Installation of new machines and equipment
- Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines including workshop equipment
- Responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant
- Applicable skills in plant maintenance. This will include plant maintenance, preventative maintenance, projects and shutdowns
- Involvement with new design and installation
- Review and advice on engineering requirements and drawings
- Actively promote safe working practices according to health and safety regulations
- Where a detailed specification is not provided determines the cause of the fault and then undertakes the most effective solution to remedy the defect
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules as required by Food Safety regulations
- Development and training to Artisan Assistants and General Assistants
- To supervise, motivate and time-manage of team reporting to them
- Must be prepared to work overtime and standby according schedule
Education and skills
- Qualified Trade Certificate
- Experience in arc, tig and mig welding
- Must be able to read technical/mechanical drawing
- Knowledge of food safety and safety procedures will be to the applicant’s advantage
- Code B drivers’ license
- A minimum of 2 years plant maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment after qualification
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment would be to the applicant’s advantage.
- Must be prepared to work overtime and \or shifts and standby.
- Initiative and drive
- Ability to progress in multi-skilled environment
- Ability to train, lead and motivate a team
- Personal and professional integrity
- Thrive under pressure
- Sound organizational skills
- Proficiency in English and Afrikaans required
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department via e-mail at email@example.com or hand deliver by no later than Tuesday, 21 May 2019.