Southern Oil Pty Ltd, an established company and market leader in the manufacturing of Canola oil and related products in the retail, food services and bulk sectors, has the following exciting career opportunity in Swellendam.
The main responsibility of this position is to assist the Artisans regarding maintenance, manufacturing, projects, and shutdowns. This person will be expected to work on his own for certain jobs within his relevant area of experience.
- To assist the artisan with his duties
- Providing assistance during installation of new machines and equipment
- Repair of all plant machines including workshop equipment
- Responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant
- This will be responsible for work including plant maintenance, preventative maintenance, projects and shutdowns.
- Elementary understanding of new drawings and manuals
- Safe working practices according to health and safety regulations
- Keeping the Workshop and Maintenance Manager and relevant persons aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- Assists in maintaining preventative maintenance schedules and repair faulty equipment and ensure the effective operating thereof
- This position will be expected to do Standby duties according
Education and skills
- Minimum grade 12
- Some tertiary qualification or progress report regarding maintenance/mechanical manufacturing will be advantage.
- Previous experience of mechanical, maintenance, manufacturing will be an advantage
- Code B driving License
- Plant maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Experience in Conveying equipment, Gearboxes and drives systems, pumps will be an advantage
- Experience in tig, arc, and mig welding will be an advantage
- Must be prepared to work overtime and \or shifts and standby
- Initiative and drive with the ability to progress in multi-skilled environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Thrive under pressure
- Proficiency in English or Afrikaans required
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department via e-mail email@example.com or hand deliver by no later than Friday, 30 October 2020.