We’re looking for a driven and self-motivated individual to assist our factory/production manager in daily operations of our Rigid Inflatable Boat manufacturing business. The ideal candidate will have a diploma/degree in production management, experience in the marine industry, speak Afrikaans and is confident working with ERP Manufacturing Systems, especially DBA.
Key duties include:
- Assist Production Manager in planning, managing and executing production operations.
- Coordinate and plan production priorities, workflow and schedule.
- Identify and report operational and maintenance problems to prevent production delays.
- Schedule routine inspection and maintenance of production equipment to prevent equipment break-downs and malfunctioning.
- Develop or update standard operating procedures and best practices for production operations.
- Ensure that all equipment, materials and supplies are readily and continuously available to carry out production processes.
- Address employee concerns and complaints in professional manner.
- Optimise production operations to meet quality and performance standards.
- Ensure production process is carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Liaising among different departments.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
Key skills and attributes required:
- Grade 12 qualification.
- Degree or diploma in relevant field advantageous.
- 2-3 Years working experience in a similar position.
- Experience in managing staff productivity .
- Attention to detail, process driven and able to implement stock controls.
- Strong computer literacy.
- ERP Manufacturing System experience advantageous.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R10,000.00 to R12,000.00 /month
- Production Management: 2 years (Required)
- High School (matric) (Required)
- Swellendam, Western Cape (Required)
- English (Required)
- Afrikaans (Required)