Southern Oil Pty Ltd, an established company and market leader in the manufacturing of Canola oil and related products in the retail, food services and bulk sectors, has the following exciting career opportunity in Swellendam.
The primary responsibility of this position is to shunt trucks on the premises.
- Responsible to shunt trucks on and off site to ensure loading schedule per truck are completed within schedule
- Assist with truck inspections and report deviations to Dispatch Supervisor
- Clean trucks, tanks and loading bay
- Cover loads after trucks are loaded. Ensure strapping off loads and equipment are sound and safe
- Ensure all truck equipment are correct for the required load before final parking. Any deviations must be reported to Dispatch Supervisor and rectified
- Assist Cleanliness of site are maintained according Master Cleaning schedule
- Assist with Bulk oil and oil cake Loading as well as offloading
- Ensure loads are weighed out correctly according load sheet and trucks comply to Road safety act. Any deviations must be reported to Dispatch Supervisor
- Can assist with loads to clients if required
- Any reasonable tasked as required by Dispatch Supervisor
- Ensure compliance to Safety standards according Southern Oil Safety policy
Education and skills
- Grade 12
- Good verbal and written communication in English and Afrikaans
- Valid code 14 driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent work ethics
- Initiative and drive
- Good time management
- Team player
- Customer service orientated
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver by no later than Friday, 22 November 2019.